Have you ever had a go at a lucky dip? Or enjoyed the surprise of a treat you weren’t expecting?
Why not try playing the lottery in your free time this week, letting chance decide what you should do?
- Write a numbered list of things you would enjoy doing, or better still, ask someone else to make the list for you – then there is even more of a surprise!
- Write each number on a slip of paper, making your own lottery tickets, or if you have some, you could even label ping pong balls for the draw and put them in a bowl or bag.
- When it is time to schedule your next break, take the lucky dip, make a selection and accept whatever challenge you get. It might be something completely unexpected but hopefully, it will still be a pleasant surprise.
To make our free time a little more exciting this week, my family made a list together and we all pulled a ticket out of the bag, setting aside a time when we would complete whatever activity fate sent our way.
Here are some of the ideas that we came up with:
- Make a fruit smoothie
- Put on a tune of your choice and dance from start to finish
- Sit and read a book, newspaper or magazine of your choice in peace (I wanted this one!)
- Chip golf balls into a pot
- Do a secret, kind deed for someone to discover later
- Create a silly trailer for a movie
- Make a treat (biscuit, cupcake, energy ball, fruit skewer) to share with everyone
- Telephone, skype or zoom someone for a chat
- Bob for apples (the one I actually got!)
- Create a treasure hunt for someone else to complete
We all accepted our lucky dip (even if we secretly wished we had picked a different one!) and had a lot of fun completing our challenges and we unanimously agreed – we will definitely write another list next week and use those tickets again!